1. Two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately, without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers.
2. Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.
3. Altoids peppermints can clear up your stuffed nose.
4. Mix one tablespoon of horseradish in one cup of olive oil and let it sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.
5. Just ¼ cup of vinegar with ¼ cup of honey kills bacteria causing a sore throat. Take one tablespoon six times a day.
6. Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms.
7. Honey is a remedy for skin blemishes. Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and lace a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. It works overnight!
8. Listerine is a known therapy for toenail fungus. Just soak your toes in it.
9. To prevent screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.
10. Formula 409 is a great bug killer. It takes care of bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets.
11. Pour a drop of Elmer's Glue all over a splinter. Let it dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue and easily removed.
12. Hunt's Tomato Paste is a boil cure. Cover the boil with the paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.
13. To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine. It is a powerful antiseptic.
14. Vinegar can heal bruises. Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for one hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.
15. Mix two cups of Quaker Oats and one cup of water in a bowl and warm it in the microwave for one minute. Let it cool slightly and apply it to your hands to sooth arthritis pain.